Thursday 15 April 2010

7x7 ideas

Here are some of my initial sketches and some others where im playin with a bit of composition... only a bit...


Call it sticking my nose in or whatever... but I even started playin with the logo/name 7x7... James had already been working with the idea of 7 leaves of papyrus, in reference to the egyptian god of literature, and so I started messing with it by replacing the 'x' with the symbol and instead of using numbers, spelling the sevens out...



reminds me of...


as far as these go, they are my first thoughts and so still need developing... looking at the work of Abram Games recently, I can now see working examples of how a single idea has been developed into a final piece... this is something I feel I've been lacking in some of my previous work. although i may sketch out a thousand ideas, i would usually pick one of them and just work with that.. rather than taking that one idea and coming up with more versions of it... refining it into something fantastic as opposed to settling for something is ok... i will scan some of the pages of my recent book, however it is at uni at the moment...

1 comment:

  1. Those are some really nice sketches youve got there, your style is really nice, great for illustration in terms of how well it comunicates atmosphere and meaning.

    Your work almost looks like it has a digital influence, the colours seem to work really well with the lines.

    Marco.

    ReplyDelete